Saturday, December 1, 2007

First Letter Home from Dan!

What's up-
This is my first P-day so I can go out to Cheney's cookies across the street and email.
So the rice and beans thing is true. Other than that though, every thing is pretty swell. My companion, Elder Markowski from Bountiful is our district leader which makes me the ADL. Pretty cool... but all I've done so far is go to a couple extra meetings. Shouldn't be more than we can handle.
On Sunday we had a testimony meeting with our district 47A and the district that has been here 9 weeks. They all actually left for their missions this morning. I've never felt the spirit stronger than I did during that testimony meeting. And yes, I did bear mine. Thank you.
In Portuguese, Sisco means eye booger. This is not a joke. Every time I meet a Brasilero they say, "ah! Sisco! Do you know what Sisco is?"
"No, no I don't. Please... tell me."
Lovely.
Already I can bear my testimony and pray in Portuguese. I'm so glad that I learned Spanish before coming here. It has helped sooo much.
I need mail. Please write.
Christmas is almost upon us and I can feel an inkling of homesickness approaching. We'll see how that goes.
I need everyone to write to me and tell me how things are going. I can't check blogs and can't write in mine; the rules here are hardcore. We can't even use cameras except from 12-5 on p-days. So don't expect anything good until late January when I actually get in the field. So write write write and tell me what's going on. And send me pictures from the St. George house please and ... yeah. Please.
Traveling here was terrible, by the way. The airline didn't send my luggage with our flight. It was still in Dallas when we landed in Sao Paulo. I didn't get it until the next day. The theme for my first day in the MTC was Bad Luck. The airline forgot my luggage, my little bag thing they gave me broke, I stepped in gum, etc. But all is well now. Things are looking up.
I'm way stoked to be here and to learn the gospel and learn Portuguese. Our branch pres is the best here. I'm looking forward to learning so much from him.
My companion Elder Markowski is amazing. I've already learned a ton from him... I think our companionship was an inspired decision. We're awesome.
So yes, send pictures, send info, do Mr. Cheney's cookies (by the way his cookies are almost as good as Mom's. Almost.) And.... that's it.
I love you all and miss you a little.
-Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment