Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wednesday, February 20th, 2008

I don't have much to report this week. It flew by so fast, I barely remember what happened.
On Saturday, we moved. Finally. Our new house is amazing. I think I'll have to take pictures of it. I took some pictures of the old house that I'm sending right now. I'm so glad to be out of there.
On Sunday we had a meeting with just us, the bishop and this guy from the stake presidency. He talked about the quality of the sacrament meeting. Because it's bad. Everyone gets up and walks around, leaves, comes back, talks, everything. Last week this girl was sitting in the very back row on top of the pew talking to her friend with her back to the pulpit. Awesome. Our chapel is huge, but our ward is tiny, so everyone sits spread out everywhere. It's no good. Hopefully we'll be able to get our own building soon that will accommodate our ward a little better (I don't actually think we even have enough people to qualify as a ward).
I've gained 10 pounds in 2 weeks, by the way (or 4.5 kilos, if you will). I have a gut. It's disturbing. A woman in our ward, and one of the elders from the CTM both told me that my face looks chubby. I'm working hard every morning now to get rid of the gut. It's because we eat so much. I only want to eat one plate of food... .I always get enough. But then after I eat someone always says "you need to gain wait, eat more" and so I have to eat more. Then there's dessert. Sometimes people are even offended if I try to decline- they think I don't like it. So lately I've been trying to do smaller portions on the first time around to accommodate seconds. The other day, only a few hours after one of these huge lunches, we went to a recent convert's house for a special family dinner. I just got a little bit of the rice, beans and noodles that she made and was fine. Then when I was done, Irma took my plate out of my hands went into the kitchen and PILED the food on! She came back and put the plate in my hands and I almost cried. I was already full! She did the same thing to Elder Wilson. Finishing that plate of food was one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do. But we thanked her and went on our way. I almost threw up after we left. And that is why I am fat.
We have to go eat lunch at the Bishop's house tomorrow, which I'm not looking forward to. The food is fine, but he has this 2 year old boy that hates clothing. They try and try to get him to put clothes on, but he just runs away and takes them off again... and then comes and wants us to play with him. And it's weird. Amy: Please don't let your baby run around naked when the missionaries are at your house eating lunch. It's awkward for them.
Love,
Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment