Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I've been here one week in my new area, Nacional, and it's AMAZING. It's a lot like my first area in Sete Lagoas, just that we're way on the outskirts of Belo Horizonte. It's not ghetto like the last area, nor is it huge apartment buildings where no one lets you in, just a lot of humble people in normal houses.
We have four baptisms lined up for this Saturday: The 25 year old daughter of the first counselor in the branch, and her 3 children- two 13 year old boys (twins) and a 15 year old girl. So the work is going very well. My personal goal for this transfer is to baptize every week.
The branch is so supportive and willing to work, it's incredible. They want to grow! A lot of the members do visits with us, and even give references. References from members are gold!! They're the people who baptize!
The pictures are of me and this Zebra-Donkey (zonkey?) that we encountered while proselyting (the owner didn't want to be in the picture), me, Elder Tiago and Elder Tolotti (my companion, with the plunger that we had just bought for the new house) and a part of our area.
That's all for now,
Elder Sisco


No comments:

Post a Comment