Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hello! Once again I have no time to write everything that I want to write. We need to leave basically now to get home on time and start proselyting.
But lets see what I can get out really quickly.
Tomorrow we are going to Paraopeba again. I'm excited to work there. On Sunday we had 7 investigators in church in Sete Lagoas and 2 in Paraopeba. All of the investigators that we invited and that I went to get with a member on Sunday morning fell, yet somehow a bunch of members brought friends to church so we had a ton of now-investigators there. If it wasn't for the members here, we would have had 0. I love this ward. Now we have a bunch of referralls from members to visit. There's a kid named Felipe who's going on his mission tomorrow. He was baptized a year ago, and his parents aren't members. They went to church to see him speak, and he told me last night that his dad says he wants to be baptized. We're going there tonight. His parents love the missionaries, they know all the missionaries that have passed here in the past year, but they never got baptized. Now that their son is going on a mission, it looks like something has sparked. They are GREAT people, and will make great leaders in the church. Pray for them that we can do a miracle in their house. I don't know their names, I just know them as Felipe's Parents. Thanks!
We're also helping a guy named Dirceu. He has a proble mwith 4 of the 5 prohibited substances (he just doesn't drink tea, but coffee, drugs, cigarettes and alcohol he does use) but has a great desire to change. He is keeping all the committments so far (except he didn't go to church, but he is readin gthe BOM).
I did 2 divisions this week. One for 24 hours and the other for 48 so Martinez has basically been taking care of our area this week. The 24 hour one I did last week was great. We found some great people. I marked a date with two teenage boys and they went to church on Sunday and are excited to be baptized on Sunday. Too bad it's not my area, but I can't help but feel a little bit of pride in that. One is in a wheelchair, he got shot in the back by a drug dealer last year. He is an elect.
The 48 hour one wasn't so successful, but it was neat because it was in the area that I started my mission. I went to visit some recent converts and that was fun.
I gave a training yesterday morning to my district. A lot of people in this mission have done this "collective faith" thing where they all pray at a certain time during the day for the same objective. With my district, we decided that instead of just saying a prayer for our goals at 6:00 every day, we would knock doors and ask to say a prayer in someone's house until they let us in. That way our faith is being demonstrated by our actions. On the division last night, we knocked 10 door before someone let us in. It was a nice, normal family with 3 kids. We left a brief message and marked to come back. It was fantastic.
Anyway, things are great. Hopefully next week I'll have more time.
Next Sunday is my turn to go to Paraopeba. I have to give the Gospel Principles lesson, bless the sacrament and possibly give a talk as well. Should be a blast.
Love you all!
Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment