Wednesday, May 20, 2009

On Sunday we met a guy named Frede. He's 22 and is dating a member of our ward. She brought him to church for the first time. On Monday we went to teach him at another member's house. We taught him the first lesson and explained about the church and at the end asked him if he would pray and ask the Lord if it was true. He said, "I don't need to ask, I already know it is. I received a confirmation at church yesterday." Our jaws hit the floor. So we invited him to be baptized on Sunday and he willingly accepted.
Yesterday we taught him the Word of Wisdom and at the end when I asked him if he had any difficulty with any of the five substances, he said "Just coffee, but I'll stop drinking it now." Then he started asking us about missions and how he could serve one. I think he's the most elect person I've ever taught in my mission.
Felipe's parents, Luiz and Rosa are progressing. She went to church on Sunday, but he had to work. We finally marked their baptismal date for the 24th. On Friday they will be interviewed, and hopefully everything will work out. Please pray for them, I'm nervous about them.
We're teaching a guy named Wilson that I did a contact with in the street last week. He's an unemployed doctor and he served in the army for two years. He's 34, and would like to be married. He loves us, and every time we go there it's almost impossible to leave. Our lessons end up being two hours long. The problem is that he's so interesting to talk to that I always get into what he's talking about and forget that we're there to teach him. We invited him to go play soccer with us today, but he woke up this morning with a fever. I think he might have a touch of depression as well.
On Sunday I went to Paraopeba. I blessed the sacrament, gave a 25 minute talk about repentance and gave the Gospel Principles lesson. I can't wait for that place to get more members.
Transfers will be next wednesday; I imagine I'll probably stay here at least one more since I just got here. We'll see, though.
This next transfer will be President Frei's last, and then President Parrella from São Paulo will take over.
Today we played soccer... again. Just like we do every pday. Not that I'm complaining; I love it. From here we're going to eat lunch that some sisters made.
'Til next week,
Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment