Sunday, March 9, 2008

March 4th, 2008

Transfers are tomorrow, so I get to write to you all today. Since tomorrow's P-day I'll probably get to come email again, but most likely I won't write to you, since I'm doing that now- I won't have anything of interest to say. But if you love me there will be lots of new emails in my inbox by tomorrow! I'll at least write to tell you who my new companion is and all that tomorrow.
Last night we got "o ligação" or The Call. There were 8 elders that all came over to our house, including the Zone Leaders so we didn't have to wait for them to call us since they were already in the house (The president tells the assistants, they call the zone leaders, they call the district leaders, they call their district)- it eliminated a lot of time waiting. So anyway, as we all knew, I'm staying and Elder Wilson is leaving. We don't know to where yet, but this morning President Frei called him to be a Zone Leader, so that's exciting.
Tell me some more current events, I like to hear what's going on in the states- Amy's blog doesn't quite satiate me (is that right? satiate me? I'm afraid my English is waning)
So last Sunday one of the priests in our ward brought two friends, and they both were like "Wow, we want to be baptized!" so, we were like "Ok, sweet. We can do that." We went to one kid's house that afternoon and taught him and marked Saturday as his baptism, and the other kid wasn't home. Through the whole week we kept going and going and he was never home. Then on Saturday, his member friend called us and was like "is Adrianno's baptism still going to be today? I talked to him yesterday and he was way excited about it." It was amazing. So we basically dropped all of our plans and spent the whole day planning this baptism. We had to teach him EVERYTHING but the third lesson and get him interviewed by the Zone Leader and just get everything ready like getting the font filled up and the paperwork done and all that. Then in the middle of it Elder Wilson stops and says "Oh, no..." and calls the kid back and asks, "Do you drink coffee?" and he says "Yeah..." and Elder Wilson asks,"Did you drink it today?"
"No..."
"What about yesterday?"
"Nope"
"Perfect."
It was a miracle! And there was a stake mutual activity for all the youth in our chapel that night, so he went to that, and right after we had his baptism. It was amazing; this baptism came out of nowhere. And he's super excited and strong.
That was the highlight of the week; I cant really think of what else happened that was interesting.
But tomorrow Elder Wilson is leaving me, and I'll be getting a new companion, probably a Brazilian, and also another companionship will be moving into the house, because they're dividing our area this transfer. So I'll be the only one in the house who knows both areas. And I don't know both areas. That'll be interesting. At least we have a map. I think living with 4 will be fun though...
I have some neat pictures, but I'll have to wait and send them to you later. Maybe I'll even write you a real letter soon.
Last night Elder Wilson had to do 6 baptismal interviews and they couldn't make it to the church so we had to go their house, and it was reaaaaalllly sketchy. They are very very poor. We got there and they offered us this sort of cornmeal gelatin dish, and I had to take it. I was praying very hard that it would do me no harm. Then I sat outside for a very long time filling out baptismal papers and talking to the family while they each got interviewed. By the way, this family of 6 is all getting baptized in the zone leaders' area because of one lady that Elder Wilson baptized last transfer; they're related. So that's cool. I hope some of my baptisms produce families of 6.
It was way nice to see pictures of you guys. I think mom looks a little different. Is she doing a diet or something? But you all look happy and that's good to see. Unfortunately they made me miss home, but that's okay.
Oh! i achieved a milestone the other night and did 40 pushups! Woohoo... Then after that I did 2 sets of 30. So I set 2 personal records in one night: a set of 40 and then 100 in a night. I realized that that's probably why I've gained more weight- less to do with the stuffing of myself and more to do with the daily exercise. I'm hoping this new comp will want to run with me in the morning. maybe I'll make him.
Alrighty, I cant think of anything else.
Hope to see some more emails from ya'll tomorrow. I'll let you know about transfers.
chau
-Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment