Wednesday, March 19, 2008

On Monday, Elder Da Costa, my District Leader/house-mate, decided to do a random division, so I went with him and his companion went with mine. It was the best day that I've had this transfer. I even marked a baptismal date with a guy in the street in a regular street contact. It was probably the best contact I've done thus far. Very cool.
We had a baptism on Saturday- this little girl whose mom is less active, living with this weird guy and with a new child. But the girl is really great, I just hope she stays strong in her problem of a family.
Oh, I had my first miracle. Y'know how people always say "Oh, you'll see miracles on your mission." Weelllll, on Saturday morning during study I was thinking a lot about this girl Silmara that we've been teaching for like, 7 weeks, basically since I got here. She's definitely elect, and she wants to be baptized but the problem is that she doesn't live with her mom (who is also getting baptized soon), she lives with her uncle who hates the church. There are a lot more little details about why she can't get baptized but that's basically the gist of it. So during study in the morning I was really thinking a lot about her, and then I decided to make a plan about how we were going to baptize her. I set a goal for her to be in the water the 22nd. 1 week. I wrote down the goal, what I was going to do to make it happen, the Lord's part, and then other important things to remember (love companion, be obedient, etc.) and then I said a prayer. It didn't take long for the answer to come. Roughly an hour later, after companion study, Elder Da Costa came into our room and was like "I want to go see Silmara today. Let's go now." So we went there that morning, before lunch and we just went and started talking to her and then her cousin who she lives with was there and we talked to her about the baptism, and then she decided it was a good idea, and then Elder Da Costa asked if he could talk to the uncle. So they called him. It was a tense moment. I was nervous... and I wasn't even the one talking to him. But what happened in the end is, we proposed that she be baptized that afternoon, since the uncle authorized it, but he said that he and the rest of the family would like to participate in the baptism, but he couldn't make it that day. So he said how about next Saturday, the 22nd? Eh? Answer to prayer? I do believe so. So yeah, she's going in the water. It's sweet.
For some reason, I've been thinking about LOST lately. Are you guys watching that? Just out of curiosity.... I really want to know what happens. But really, don't tell me. I'll find out when I get home.
I achieved 45 pushups. Woohooo.
Sorry, I can't think of any other news. Just keep those prayers coming.
Love you all,
Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment