Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I have been transfered! I am now writing to you from my new area, Belo Horizonte Oeste. It's sweet. My companion Elder Alfaro and I are opening this area. Since we're opening the area, we don't have a house, so I'll be living in an apartment with the Assisstants and the Office Elders (six of us all together) and so that's going to be way cool. My ward is the same ward that President Frei attends. I'm a little concerned about that but hopefully it'll be fine. I'll get to know him better and that'll be neat.
Elder Alfaro is going home at the end of this transfer, but he promises that he's not "trunky" (remember, a person who only thinks about home and doesn't work?). I hope not. I imagine it may be difficult having a comp who's going home, but we'll see. Shouldn't be too bad. Plus, he's an awesome missionary and everyone loves him. He worked in the office for a year and month.
Yep, so that is the great news. I'm here in the city, at the heart of the mission; I feel good.
And living with the assistants will be way cool.
I heard that you guys (mom and pop) got called to serve in the temple! That's amazing! What a blessing it will be for you to be serving in the Lord's house. Think about how few people have this opportunity. There are only 120 temples in the world. Of 13,000,000 members how many of them get to be temple workers?? Very few. The people here, like I've said before, make HUGE sacrifices to go the temple. I'm so glad that you guys are going to be able to take advantage of this marvelous opportunity to serve.
I caught a nasty cold yesterday and am still feeling it today. Yesterday walking in the street, even in peoples houses, snot just kept coming and coming out of my nose like it was water. I could barely keep my eyes open. It was rather miserable. I carried in my backpack and used an entire roll of toilet paper yesterday, just blowing my nose. My body aches, my head hurts and my throat is sore (slept with the fan on; not intelligent). But I bought some drugs and am at least able to keep the snot inside my face rather than on.
I got 2 letters from mom and one from Amy today at the transfer meeting. Also, one from Jason which was neat. He's doing really well.
I have to run, unfortunately, I spent too much time reading your letters- next week I will respond to all the questions; sorry but my time is running out and I have no more money.
Much love,
Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment