Wednesday, April 2, 2008

This week we had a baptism. It was good. I don't remember if I told you about her a few weeks ago, but when I was with Wilson, we were teaching her and everything was going great until one day she decided that our equilibrium was off and she didn't want to see us anymore. But, the day we had interviews with President Frei she happened to stop in at the church and talk to him, and then she talked to one of the elders that was there, and said that we could go talk to her again. And when we showed up at her house she was like "I decided I want to get baptized." I feel like I've already told you all this. Anyway, she got baptized, and I'm pretty sure she's gonna stay way firm in the church.
I've had to listen to the same piece of crap EFY CD every day for the past 3 weeks. It's ridiculous. I hate trashy church produced pop music. We shouldn't even be allowed to listen to it. It's about as spiritually enriching as Lucky Charms is nourishing to the body. My favorite song is the classic "I Almost Sold My Birthright for a Mess of Pottage." Timeless.
I'm super excited for conference this weekend. From what I hear, Sete Lagoas is President Frei's favorite area in the mission. He opened the city when he was on his mission, so that might have something to do with it. And so he usually comes up here for conference, and when he comes they set up a special room for the American missionaries and him to watch conference in English. I've got my fingers crossed. Conference won't be nearly as spiritual if I only understand like, 2/3 of the things that they say; and I imagine I'd probably get caught up on the fact that what they're saying with their lips isn't what's coming out of the speakers.
My Portuguese is way better though. A lot of the Elders compliment me, which is good because they're the ones who know. I still get a lot of "I don't even know what you're trying to say" in lessons and in the street and such but in general it's way better.
Well, that's all I've got.
Much love,
Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment