Monday, December 1, 2008

All is well here in the mission. On Saturday I made one year. Or maybe it was Friday. I'm really not sure. But regardless of the date, I now am a one year old missionary, which is awesome.

Last week we went to visit the wife of one of the members in our ward, who is not a member. She really likes the missionaries though, and she prepared a dinner for us. It was kind of like a Brazilian Chicken Noodle Soup, with lots of meat and other stuff in it. It was delicious.
When it started to get late, Adam (the member) said he would drive us home to our apartment. Midway through the car ride home, my stomach started complaining about some foreign intruders. They were having trouble working out their differences and by the time we got home war had been declared.
We got into the elevator and climbed the 18 floors to our apartment. By the time I finally entered the apartment, I knew what had to be done, but I danced a reluctant dance, doing everything within my power to avoid the inevitable.
Finally, I submitted myself to this horrible fate and released everything that I had just consumed to be free. Not yet satisfied, I discharged my lunch as well. Moments later, feeling alone and left out, my breakfast made a last minute daring escape.
For the first time in many years, I threw up.
You can imagine my concern when, three days later, they invited us back for dinner.

On Saturday night we had a Dessert Festival at our ward and Elder Rodrigo and I made Lemon Squares from a recipe that I got from Sister Frei. I couldn't find any powdered sugar at the supermarket, and we put in too much lemon. There were a lot left over at the end of the night, and we didn't even place in the competition.
The good news though is that the family we're teaching went and loved it. They're progressing well towards their baptism this Sunday.
There was actually an attendance of 85 people, 23 of whom were investigators, so that was excellent. It was a good activity.

'Til next week,
Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment