Thursday, December 11, 2008

On Sunday night at 8:00 we were getting ready to get the bus to go home, but we both still had a few contacts to do with people so we kind of just hung around on this corner waiting for people to pass. After 10 minutes of standing there, and only two people had passed, I looked at Elder Rodrigo and said, "why don't we just start walking that way and do our contacts on the way to the bus stop?" So we started walking that way.
We got to the top of a hill, and there was a taxi parked on the side of the road, and the guy was unloading a bunch of heavy things. We went over and asked if they needed help carrying anything, and this lady looked at us and said, "It was God that sent you." She and her 82 year old mother were standing there about to go look for someone to help carry a bunch of items for remodeling their house (like, a new toilet and sink) up to their third floor apartment.
We picked up as much as we could and started walking up the stairs to her apartment, and as we walked we explained who we are and mentioned some things about the church. Before we had reached the door, she was already crying and saying how she had been praying to God for guidance these last days.
So we went in and taught them the first lesson, and it was amazing. And the Spirit was very, very strong, and everyone cried again. And they accepted a baptismal date for the 21st of December. It's all very exciting.
Last friday, the assistents and us and President and Sister Frei all went out to lunch and to go bowling for Elder Hill's last PDay. In the first game I was in last place for the first four frames, and then started slowly coming back until the 10th frame when I was neck and neck with Elder Hill. I don't remember the numbers, but he pulled ahead of me in the last frame, and on my first bowl I knocked down seven pins.
At this point I was down by two and needed to nail all three to secure the game (see diagram).
I bowled to the left side, knocked down both pins on the left, and in sequence, knocked down the third pin on the right and was champion, ending up having bowled a 145, my best score ever, beating Elder Hill's 144.
It goes down as one of the greatest moments in sporting history.
President Frei said that he was impressed with my bowling skills.
In the second game I got creamed; but no one remembers the second game anyway.
This is the week that we are getting everything ready for transfers next week, so it's been pretty busy. But to make things easier for me, my computer crashed yesterday and I lost everything. We had to have a guy come spend all day fixing it and reinstalling windows and stuff. It was horrible. But now it's back and we're good to go.
Welp, that seems to be all for this week.
'Til next week,
Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment