Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Today we all went to Belo Horizonte for transfers. My new companion is Elder Vasquez from São Paulo. He's fresh out of the MTC as of yesterday, or in other words, I am training him. He seems cool, I think things will go well with us this transfers. I'm excited to train.
On Sunday we had a baptism. A kid named Junior who we had been teaching for a week or so. He's 18, which means that by this time next year he should be getting ready to go on his mission. He said that he will think about it. He's dating one of the girls from our ward, which is how he got to know the church. I will send pictures.
Junior's sister went to church and watched the baptism and asked us to go to her house and teach her too. We marked for tomorrow. While we were taking pictures she hugged me which was awkward. But people told her that you couldn't hug the Elders, so that wont happen again.
The Belo Horizonte East Mission and the Belo Horizonte Mission are now one. Some of our missionaries went over to areas in the east mission today and some of theirs came to ours. Now our mission is huge - almost 200 missionaries!
Yesterday Stanley was interviewed and will be baptized on Sunday. He's 19 years old and is the son of an old investigator. She basically told us, "no, I don't want to go to your church, but bring my son he needs it." So we did, and he loved it, and now he's getting baptized. We've helped him stop using drugs, stop smoking, stop drinking coffee and stop drinking. He's made enormous progress in the two weeks that we've been teaching him. I'm going to have Elder Vasquez baptize him - his first Sunday in the mission! The same thing happened with me when I first got on the mission. He said he's never baptized anyone before, so it'll be a neat experience.
My district now is 4 Brazilians and 2 Americans. The other American is Elder Kezerian, Boyd K. Packer's nephew. Hopefully we will have much success this transfer.
Love you guys,
Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment