Thursday, January 15, 2009

Good morning!
It's almost noon, and we just got here to do email. I just finished reading all of your emails. Thanks a bunch!
We've been having a pretty good week here. Transfers are coming up at the end of this month (28th) and we had like a mini-meeting with President yesterday. It looks like Elder Rodrigo is going to train his replacement this transfer and then I'll train mine in the next (in the middle of march). I'm kind of excited about this, and then again I'm kind of not excited about it. There are a lot of perks to being in the office that I'm sure I'll miss once I've left them. I'm sure there's tons of stuff that I probably am not even recognizing that I take for granted that I'll notice once I leave. But I've still got quite a bit of time left. It looks like I'll be leaving the office in the middle of April. Nothing is for sure yet, but that seems to be what President's leaning towards at the moment.
Last night I asked Elder Kent to cut my hair, because he said that he used to cut his brother's hair and that he was pretty good at it. Turns out, he's not. He was really nice and wanted to be helpful, so now I feel bad about paying to have someone fix the unfortunate job that he did. His companion Elder McArthur said he'd fix it for me. I'm just not sure who to trust anymore.
From what I can tell, the only cure now is time.
I got letters from both Mom and Amy this week, so thank you guys a bunch! I loved the Dave Barry cut out. I was laughing out loud in my office and Rodrigo thought I was weird.
Last night I did a division with Elder McArthur so that I could go interview his investigator to be baptized. He ended up not being home, and so I didn't interview anyone, but the division was still lots of fun. And while I was in his area working, Elder Rodrigo and Elder Kent found an amazing family in our area that all have dates for the first of February. We're going back to see them tonight. I'm excited to meet them.
This week I finally finished off all the food and goodies that I got from Christmas. I actually still have one box of Annie's left, but I'm saving it for a special occassion (namely, starvation).
Today we're going to play soccer with a bunch of our recent converts (Bahia's two sons, and Vinicius, the son of Andreia, if you guys remember the pictures of their baptisms that i sent) and the Assistents and some of their recent converts and some members. I'm stoked, I think it'll be lots of fun.
I just asked Rodrigo if anything interesting happened this week that I should tell my family, and he looked at me, looked at my hair, laughed and said "if you haven't told them about that yet, I think they should know."
Anyway, I can't really think of anything else that's very interesting that has happened. I'm sending pictures of us with the other missionaries in our ward and our old ward mission leader who just got back from his mission last year, and the other one is with him and his family that loves the missionaries.
Love,
Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment