Wednesday, June 17, 2009

On thursday the whole zone went to Belo Horizonte to have our last zone conference with President and Sister Frei. It was very cool. Sad, but good. Sister Frei made a giant quilt out of ties from every missionary that has ever passed through this mission since she got here. Every time a missionary leaves she cuts one of his ties, and this past month she's been asking that everyone send a tie so that she can finish the quilt. It turned out really neat. Each one has the missionary's name on it.
I've been sick since last Monday. 9 days now. It's rough. I had a cold, then it turned into something else and then a sore throat. I've been through a whole medical dictionary of sicknesses this past week. Just today I've started feeling a little bit better. Good enough to play soccer at least.
Raimundo and Beatriz did not get baptized on Sunday. They both got sick and were unable to travel to Sete Lagoas to attend our ward conference and be baptized afterwards. We are accompanying them this week and preparing them for the 21st.
Yesterday I did a division with Elder Kim in the area where I started my mission. The guy who owned the old house where we used to live saw us and stopped me in the street and we talked a little. He said that he would go to church on Sunday because of me. We met some other girls who said they would go to church on Sunday to take a picture with me, because I look like Harry Potter. I told them only if they went to church that we would do that.
Love you all,
Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment