Wednesday, September 16, 2009

On Thursday morning Elder Leme my Zone Leader called me and told me he needed me to go to Curvelo with him to do baptismal interviews. Curvelo is a 3 hour bus ride from Sete Lagoas. We left at 2:00 and got there at 5:00. The Elders showed up way late and we didn't start the interviews until 7:00. Luckily, because there were two of us, it was fast and we were able to catch the last bus at 8:00 back to Sete Lagoas. We ended up getting to his apartment at 11:00 at night. Traveling is tiring.
On the bus ride there there were two girls sitting behind us who kept asking us questions. First they wanted to know about the church, so I explained to them about the Book of Mormon and bunch of other stuff, and then I guess they got tired of that so they started asking things like, "do you have a girlfriend?" "can you date people that aren't from your religion?" "can you have sex outside of marriage?"
They promised they would go to church on Sunday to see us, but they didn't go. That's probably a good thing.
On Sunday, though, we did have nine investigators at church. Everyone from the Family we're teaching, plus three cousins went. We also had a woman named Carla that we're teaching there. It was very fun to enter into the sacrament meeting with that huge group of people. I think the members were impressed.
That night, we marked a Family Home Evening at the Bishop's house with the family. Everyone except the oldest daughter went. They loved it. It was a success.
The bus company that we use to go to Paraopeba called us and told us that they found our cell phone. I was so relieved. Now I don't have to pay for it.
Marcia, the woman from Paraopeba who was supposed to be baptized but ended up not, went to church on Sunday and told the members there to tell us that she wanted us to go to her house. We went there on monday and she said that she wants to be baptized, and that she overcame the fears that she had. We marked her baptism for Saturday. I'm skeptical, but we'll see what happens. I called the Bishop and told him, and he was also skeptical, but I think she'll go through with it this time.
Today Elder Vasquez and I slept for 3 1/2 hours after our study. From 10am to 1:30pm. It was one of the best naps ever. I think I probably wont sleep again until tomorrow night.
Well, that's all the news for this week.
Love you guys,
Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment