Wednesday, September 30, 2009

We just got to Contagem, our new area. When I say "we" I mean Elder Eve and I. I was transfered to Contagem today from Sete Lagoas and will finish my mission here training Elder Eve who got here from the MTC yesterday. He's from Kentucky. This transfer is sure to pass quickly, I think it'll be fun. Neither of us know the area because both of the missionaries who were here before us were transfered.
When I got to the bus station in Belo Horizonte this morning I found out that one of them forgot to leave the key here and went to Montes Claros with the house key in his pocket. Montes Claros is ten hours away from here. He's going to overnight it to us. Until then, we're going to have to sleep at the Zone Leaders house.
It was a very eventful final week in Sete Lagoas. On Sunday we were supposed to baptize two kids, Henrique and Kesley, but they both had to go work with their parents and were unable to attend church. Then on Monday when we found out that I was going to be transfered, they both insisted that they be baptized on Tuesday before I left, and so we talked to the Bishop and organized a baptismal service for tuesday night. It was really hurried and poorly organized, but also really fun to be able to baptized those two before I left the area. Elder Vasquez and his new companion will continue working with both of their families.
After the baptism, we went to Kesley's house and his family had made a going away dinner/party for me, which was delicious. I was sad to leave them, and leave the area, but at the same time kind of relieved. Six months is a long time to stay in one place. But overall, this last area that I was in - Sete Lagoas Ala 1 was my favorite of all the other areas I've passed in. It really is a great place. When I come back I will visit there for sure.
It was also sad to say goodbye to Rosa and Luiz, who we baptized a little while ago. They're the family who have a son on his mission in São Paulo and will be sealed in the São Paulo temple in July. Their son's mission president said that they could go there to be sealed while he is still in his mission. I'm hoping that I'll be able to come back to watch that happen next July.
On Sunday, Elder Vasquez went with Irmão Branco to Paraopeba to confirm Marcia who was baptized last week and to return her purse which she forgot in the bathroom of the church, unfortunately they didn't make it to Paraopeba because a semi-truck hit them from the front. Luckily, Elder Vasquez was in the back so it didn't flip, and the Lord probably gave them extra protection because there was a missionary in the car. So that was wild... luckily I wasn't with them.
Love you guys, and see you in six weeks!
Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment