Thursday, October 9, 2008

Last Friday, I woke up and I was hideous. Even today, I don't know what happened. It could have been something I ate. President Frei thought it was probably something I touched. I really just don't know. But my face swelled up a little bit and had this horrible, itchy rash all over from my chin to even my eyelids. It itched like crazy! I wanted to die. I bought some things to help it on Sunday (sinner!) and on Monday it started getting better and now I'm fine.
It was unfortunate though that I had to go to conference like that and see a bunch of people from my old area (same stake) and then we had a baptism on Sunday night. I will always remember the baptism with the itchy, ugly face. I'll try to send pictures, but I don't know if you'll be able to tell.
The baptism was of Bahia and her two twin sons, Isac and Isan. It was one of the best I've ever seen.
Aside from the itchy face, conference was fantastic. I got to see the Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning and Sunday afternoon sessions. I really like Jeffery R. Holland. His talks are always very powerful, and he talks with a lot of force. It's like he's forcing us to feel the Spirit when he speaks. And it's always good to hear the Prophet speak and have that confirmation that, yes, he is a true prophet of God.
After the baptism on Sunday, a woman that Elder Alfaro and I baptized in my third transfer (Monica, if you remember her, I don't know) came up to me (first of all, it was exciting just to see her going to church still) and said that she was getting ready to go to the temple to do baptisms. It was so awesome. I'm so excited that she's still firm and that she's progressing.
I'm no longer in a trio, I think I mentioned before. We have an injured Elder who will be staying with us, probably until the end of the transfer. He had to have surgery on his knee, and he'll be on crutches for a little while, so he's recuperating in the office and in our house for a while. Since there are four of us, we rotate taking turns staying at home with him at night, while the other two go to the area. It's a good opportunity to study more. I kind of enjoy it. I think I'm the first missionary ever to have three companions.
I've been in the office now for almost four weeks, and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Soon I will be in charge. I really am grateful for this experience that I'm having. It's great preparation for a job in the future. (Or to manage my touring band. Either one.)
Love,
Elder Sisco

Here's a picture from the baptism last Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment