Thursday, October 2, 2008

So things are going well.
We're teaching a great family. The mom's name is Bahia. She's in her 60's, and all of her kids are adopted. Her and two of her adopted (twin) sons are going to be interviewed tonight and baptized on Sunday. So, the work here (proselyting-wise) is progressing. It's a lot better than I expected coming into the office.
Bahia has so many adopted kids that I don't even know all of them. It's hard to keep track. She also has a parrot, a cat, and like, 5 dogs. They just got a new dog two days ago- a little Terrier- and named it Sisquinho (little Sisco). It was a deep honor. I'll try and get a picture of Sisquinho and me to send home.
This week I lost a pair of pants. I'm not really sure how it happened. I remember that they were dirty, and it was late and dark, and so I threw them into a corner somewhere. My concern is that the window stays open 100% of the time and that it's very possible that I threw a pair of pants out the 18th story window.
Things in the office are going smoothly. I'm starting to the the hang of things around here. In about a week, Elder Anderson will sign the mission over to me and I will officially become the new Financial Secretary.
It's a little nervewracking to work with such large sums of money that don't belong to me, but I'm getting more and more used to it. I just hope I don't get too lax. But it's better than at the beginning when I was practically too scared to do anything.
Anyway, that's all that's going on around here. Hopefully next week I'll have some more exciting news.
Love and miss you all,
Elder Sisco


This first one is the last baptism I had before I left my last area, Nacional. Her name is Fernanda, and she's this guy's girlfriend. He baptized her. That's Elder Tolotti, my favorite companion to date.


This next one is my last district before coming to the office: Elder Frost (from my group, we were in the CTM together), Elder Tolotti, Elder Tiago and Me.


And a sweet picture of a tiger drinking water (you can see the drops of water coming off of his tongue!) at the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment