Thursday, October 23, 2008

So I'm still here with three companions. Elder Dantas, the missionary who had surgery on his knee, is getting a little bit better, but we're worried that he just wont get better enough soon enough for him to be able to go back into the field. We'll see how it goes, though. He has two more weeks to be able to be on his feet and moving. Every third day I stay home with him (we rotated days) at night while the others two go to the area to work, and during the day he stays in the office and... doesn't do much.
I had an interesting experience this week. I noticed that in my prayers I always asked for "everything to go well," and then I stopped one night and remembered something that someone had told me, I think it might've been Mom, to pray for all the problems to happen while Elder Anderson is still here to help me. And so I did that. And then the next day it just seemed like everything went wrong, and I learned more about being independent and taking care of problems on that day than I had on any other day since I've been here.
Tuesday was President's birthday, and at night we went to his house for a litle cake and ice cream. The Assistents got him a really cool picture of Captain Moroni engraved/burned into a big piece of cork. We got him.... lame cards that we made. But it was fun anyway.
Nothing really exciting has happened unfortunately.
So, until next week,
Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment