Friday, May 2, 2008

It's Friday morning. I didn't get to do email on Wednesday because it was our zone p-day and it we didn't even get home 'til 7 (p-day ends at 6). Our zone (BH West) and Zona Contagem (other city by BH) went to Bedin (another city outside of BH) to the Fiat Club. Some member owns it. It's like this rich person country club sort of deal and he invited the missionaries. So we went. All 50 of us. The place was ridiculously amazing, but would be a lot cooler if I wasn't a missionary. All the pools were pretty tempting; especially since it was like 90 degrees out. So instead of swimming we had a soccer tournament on one of the 800 soccer fields. Then I played ping pong with Elder Wilson (my dad in the mission, if you'll remember- now the zone leader in Contagem) and he beat me 8 times in a row. But it was close every time... and then we ate and went home. Pretty fun day, but not very well planned- so that's why I'm emailing on Friday morning.
Yesterday we did a division with the Assistants. I went with Elder Grahl into their area and Elder Pruitt went with my comp Alfaro into ours. The division had barely started- we had just left the church- and we were walking down the street and this lady in a second floor apartment looked out the window and started yelling at us. The following:

"I know you guys! You're the Mormons!"
"Yes..."
"I know John Smith!"
"I don't know who that is."
"John Smith!"
"No..."
"Yes, John Smith your leader!"
"No, I think you're thinking of Joseph Smith. And he's not our 'leader.'"
"Whatever. What's your name?"
-Introductions-
"Sisco, like a sisco in your eye, y'know?"
"Ah, like a little grain of sand! Well, I'm going to sing a pretty Brasilian song for you."
-Proceeds to sing "My Little Grain of Sand" to me. Note: My Little Grain of Sand is not a real song. I don't remember the rest of the words of the song she sang after that, unfortunately-

So I thanked her, invited her to church and we left.
The work in our area is going well. We have a baptism this Sunday, and we're working to get this amazing couple married so that they can get baptized too. The woman has an incredible testimony of the church. We had one of those "what you're feeling right now is the Spirit testifying that what we said is true" experiences, complete with tears and everything. That was neat. The guy is a little bit harder to work with, but he's getting there.
I'm snotting all over the place, I need to go. I found out that I'm allergic to Brazilian dust. Fantastic.
Until next Friday,
Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment