Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wednesday, May 28th, 2008 (Bonus Email!)

Hey all, Sorry about the confusion- since the transfer meeting is today and it takes up most of the day, we did email yesterday because a lot of people spend all day traveling to their new areas today and it doesn't work out for them. In my case, since I live like 5 minutes away from the chapel where transfers happen, I just do email twice this week. My new comp is Elder Franklin, from Alaska. He's also going home at the end of this transfer. Elder Alfaro will be meeting his parents in about an hour and a half, so I'm pretty excited for him. This transfer we're gonna have lots of baptisms. We're teaching a ton of people. The undead woman is awesome. She smokes, but is stopping. When we went there yesterday she was sitting on her couch reading the Book of Mormon, and she was already 8 chapters in. Also, she kept thanking us and telling us how grateful she is that we come teach her. She's great. I'll send a picture of her when I can. Yesterday all the new missionaries showed up in the mission and 4 of them slept in our house- 2 of them were the only 2 Americans that showed up in this group of 15. Our Work Leader's wife made a HUGE feast for us since one of the sisters and my companion are both going home today. It was amazing. One of the best meals I've had so far. She made so much food, it barely looked like we had eaten anything by the time we were done. That's pretty much all that has happened since yesterday. I had a huge dinner and got a new comp. I'm kind of disappointed that he's not Brasilian because my Portuguese won't get any better this transfer, but it'll be fun; he's way cool. Also, this is a 5 week transfer instead of 6. Happens every 2 years. I can't remember why. Love, Elder Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment